Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Rogue's Paradise

Rogue's Paradise
In commemoration of the 2017 BC provincial election.

Where did the songs that make money all go?
Why aren't they still on the rock radio?
Just ask the ones who you think look so nice
As they stir up more hatred in this rogue's paradise

What has become of the light hearted cheer
Everyone thought was so clever from here?
Does it still fetch an installer's steep price
To steal love from a poet in this rogue's paradise?

I laughed with Jesus as much as I could
They laugh with monsters who think they are good
I warn of threats to the weak and the poor
They think to trample them offers the cure

Why do they need to consume all my stuff?
Isn't false love from the TV enough?
Someone once gave me some prudent advice
He said, 'get the hell out of this rogue's paradise'
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2017. Verses by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment