Monday, February 13, 2017

Oblivious

Oblivious
It's getting harder to
Hold onto this depression
With everything I want
To launch me to a strange new height

You rival the sunrise
You puzzle the mind
Keep the meter spinning
Into a different beginning

It's such a bother to
Sustain a tragic vision
The apparitions all
Evaporating in the light

You make it a party
Wherever you are
With a bent for adventure
I would not endeavour to measure

Even the best initial success
Could turn to a heavy fall
Taking my chances
Would not expect a plot to detect
Or stranger to pay a call
Fully oblivious
Cruising along

I will not struggle to
Catch onto this condition
Let apprehensions
Keep me up all hours of the night

Progress in question
You in the lead
On the understanding
The trip won't get too demanding
Lost as beforehand
But not as alone
If it stays unshaken
A gainful way has been taken
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2017. Words and music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment